Sets up and pours concrete into assembled forms to construct floats and wave attenuators. Performs various casting procedures to ensure a high-quality finished product. Successful candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screening per our Drug Free Workplace policy. Dependability for work schedule is crucial.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares materials, tools, and equipment before concrete pouring can begin. Oils assembled form and readies form to accept concrete.
- Pours concrete from mixer into bottom of form. Spreads, vibrates, and jitterbugs concrete to achieve the specified depth and thickness, while setting appropriate reinforcing mesh or rebar into concrete.
- Operates forklift and installs appropriately sized polystyrene foam into assembled form. Installs appropriately sized tubes and other necessary materials.
- Pours concrete into sides of form to specified thickness. Installs clamps and braces. Operates vibrator from on top of foam to settle concrete and remove trapped air.
- Places wire mesh on top of foam and ties mesh to rods. Completes pouring processes and rods on top of float.
- Assists with other casting processes and other crews as assigned. Operates various hand and power tools.
- Learns and applies safety rules and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
BMI offers a competitive wage and benefits package; wage is dependent upon experience.
Applicants must go on line and complete the BMI Employment Application form to be considered for this position.
For a full job description please click here.
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.
To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact [email protected]
Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.