Support Center Representative
Provide information and member services concerning the credit union and its products and services to credit union members, ensuring the highest quality of member service.
- Serve membership by providing service and information in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner via telephone or correspondence.
- Perform credit union transactions per members’ requests (with the exception of those that deal with cash handling.) To include but not limited to: Account transfers, Loan payments, MasterCard payments, Drawing cashier’s checks from members account, Print statements for members, Print starter checks, Print Membership cards, Void MasterCard same day payments, Wires, Order new checks, Close Holiday Clubs and Money Markets, Laser Tex closed account removal, Skip-a-Pay forms, Opt Out forms, Micr number forms, STAR functions; capture cards, order cards, check transactions, disputes, etc.
- Research and solve routine member questions, problems and complaints concerning credit union accounts. This may involve communication and correspondence with other employees from other departments.
- Mail, fax or email forms and pamphlets that members request.
- Handle all questions and concerns with EZ Money Manager, EZ Phone, EZ Bill Pay and EZ-eStatements.
- Verify and process all incoming applications.
- Take care of problems and questions regarding these services.
- Reset security codes for members as a part of security purposes.
- Take care of changes and updates.
- Mail handouts on procedures when requested.
- Answer Member service inbox emails about online account questions, also Secure messages in Q2, I-Pay (Bill Pay Master site) Q2 Central.
- Complete approval list for EZ-E-Statements each day. Work EZMM Charge notices, verify changed emails.
- Answer voice mails from members each morning.
- Take reservations for seminars and other functions.
- Take information for Check-by-Phone
- Cross-sell credit union products and services when appropriate.
- Re-order and remove blocks on Star/ATM check cashing cards.
- Take requests for Certificate of Deposit renewals and withdrawals.
- Take requests for Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) withdrawals, transfers and contributions.
- Take requests for copies of checks and wire transfers.
- Place stop payments on paper checks.
- Continuously check Call Center inbox emails and reply to these emails accordingly.
- Send account change cards to open and close new sub accounts such as checking, CDs, money markets, special savings and holiday clubs.
- Maintain knowledge of all Credit Union products and services.
- Maintain current knowledge of and compliance with all Credit Union policies and procedures, including compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and all federal laws and regulations as set forth by the NCUA and other regulatory agencies.
- Use Synapsys for functions and procedures set by the credit union and notes about members accounts.
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
- Completion of high school education.
- Requires previous work experience in a member/customer service, teller or related position. Financial institution experience is preferred.
- Requires professional, well-developed interpersonal skills for communicating with members and coworkers.
- Ability to work in a high paced and often high stress environment.
- Requires intermediate mathematical skills (concepts and calculations involving decimals, fractions, percentages, etc.).
- Requires PC and internet proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft and other web browsers.
Sitting = Continuous Crawling = Occasional
Standing = Frequent Climbing = Occasional
Walking = Frequent Balancing = Occasional
Driving an automobile = Occasional Reaching Overhead =Occasional
Lifting/Carrying = Occasional Reaching Forward = Occasional
Amount of Weight = 15 to 25 lbs. Kneeling = Occasional
Squatting = Occasional Push/Pull = Occasional
Bending = Occasional Twisting = Occasional
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.