Family Health Centers of Southwest Florida, Inc. is seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist in our Bonita Springs Adult Medical office who can help us deliver excellent customer service to our patients. In this role you will be welcoming patients into our office, answering multiple phone lines courteously and efficiently, scheduling appointments, and providing administrative support.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greets visitors and patients, determines their needs, checks appointments and directs the person accordingly.
· Answers questions and provides information directly to person or on telephone, based on knowledge of Center, department, policies, procedures and regulations.
· Secures all necessary information and documents including sign-in sheets, obtaining medical chart, encounter form, etc.
· Answers telephone calls using proper protocol.
· Reschedules patients' appointments, notifies patients of any changes in appointments.
· Properly records "No Shows" and updates scheduler system information.
· Immediately refers any "Walk-In" patients to medical triage, if they present with severe or unusual symptoms or complaints.
· Assures all communications and transactions with patients and visitors are conducted in a mature, calm, sensitive and respectful manner.
· Performs additional duties, such as translation, as may be required.
· Verification of and authorization by insurance.
· Utilizes electronic health record system to enter, retrieve and document patient information, clinical tasks, communications, and physician orders accurately and efficiently.
· Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural staff
· Computer literate, with good typing skills, 35 WPM
· Working knowledge of medical records and electronic health record system
FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS OF SWFL, INC IS DRUG / ALCOHOL / NICOTINE FREE WORKPLACE. WE DO NOT HIRE DRUG OR NICOTINE USERS.