Compliance Safety Coordinator, Byron Center, MI
Martin Transportation Systems is seeking a Customer Service - Compliance Coordinator located in our Byron Center, Michigan, headquarters.The position will be responsible for monitoring company driver compliance activities, which includes auditing driver eLogs, helping drivers manage hours of service logging issues, assist in the management and tracking of driver performance bonus statistics. Candidates need to possess excellent communications and computer skills (Microsoft Office), be multi-task oriented, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. This is a full-time, 2nd shift opening. The candidate needs to be flexible and open to some on-call and weekend hours. This schedule will vary based on business needs.
Compliance Safety Coordinator Essential Functions:
- Answer phone calls
- Audit drivers' electronic logs for compliance to HOS regulations and company policy
- Maintain electronic documentation of audit findings
- Assist drivers and dispatchers with hours of service compliance, eLog issues, and other areas of monitoring
- Perform audits including Speed Gauge, DVIR compliance, roadside inspections and fuel mileage
- Perform research as directed
- Act as a team player within the Compliance Department and with other departments to ensure that Compliance Work Plan is implemented
- Actively participate in safety initiatives and risk mitigating measures where appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of geography and have the ability to understand transportation routing
- Experience in trucking environment beneficial, including knowledge of electronic logs, hours of service rules, etc.
- Skilled in phone etiquette and customer service
- Strong analytical skills
We are willing to train the right person!
Please also complete an application at: www.mtstrans.com
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K with 25% company match, and company paid life insurance.