Construction Project Coordinator
FirstOnSite Restoration has an opportunity for a Construction Project Coordinator (Project Administrator) in our Scarborough branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry, residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Construction Project Coordinator manages the life cycle of job files from initiation through to receipt of payment. They will be responsible for multiple files at any given time. They are responsible for the quality of each file in terms of accuracy and completeness of documentation combined with making sure that timelines are met. Working together with local branch and corporate teams,Project Administrators ensure that files are updated, documented and all key performance indicators (KPI’s) are achieved. They will contribute to timely project completion through effective and knowledgeable application of the ClaimTrak, Xactimate, Xactanalysis, and Microsoft Office software applications. They will project manage the full life-cycle of the file with all stakeholders.
- Continuously reviews projects to make sure that Customer and FirstOnSite Standards and KPI’s are being met.
- Ensures all tasks and filing of documentation are completed by following up with the Project Managers, Construction Managers and other stakeholders as required or to Office Manager/File Management Lead.
- Ensures that all invoicing is completed in compliance with the FirstOnSite Standards to achieve weekly billing goals
- Reports on and provides action plans with respect to file management issues and concerns to the File Management Lead and Branch Manager.
- Collaborates with PM(s) and CM(s)on a daily basis regarding projects requiring attention and/or approaching deadlines to ensure no slippage in project planning resulting in a controlled delivery.
- Undertakes file management in accordance with national file management processes, practices and guidance as established by the national File Management and Invoicing Team.
- Follows and leads by example all FirstOnSite health and safety policies and procedures are followed for all FirstOnSite personnel and sub-contractors.
- System data entry, tracking and updates (Xactimate, XactAnalysis, ClaimTrak).
- Provides critical analysis of job performance including job costing, profitability, invoice accuracy, and application of customer standards. Corrects/coordinates correction as necessary.
- Follows FirstOnSite Standard Operating procedures for data entry.
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence, attaching necessary background information and maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines.
Qualifications & Skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Computer Skills: ClaimTrak, Word, Excel, Outlook, Xactimate and XactAnalysis and keep skills updated.
- Typing skills min. 50WPM.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong administration and record keeping skills.
- Basic accounting / business math skills.
Education & Experience
- College Diploma or certification; or combination of relevant training courses in related fields and relevant experience may be acceptable in lieu of the academic requirements.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an office environment.
- Experience in the insurance restoration industry an asset.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the FirstOnSite team? We look for the following qualities in our team members:
- Customer Service Oriented
- Quality Focused
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
- Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity for national career movement
- Variable pay/Incentive plan opportunities
- Option to travel and assist with large coast to coast projects
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, FirstOnSite Restoration will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Applicants must be able to provide a clear criminal background check to be eligible for hire.