FirstOnSite Restoration in Belleville is currently looking for an experienced Restoration Technician!
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Restoration Technician supports emergency response and restoration projects to ensure the goals and needs of the insurance companies and our customers are being met. The Restoration Technician is capable of implementing water remediation procedures consistent with the IICRCS-500 Standard.
- Respects and ensures that all health and safety policies and procedures are followed by other employees and sub-contractors
- Under the direction of the Lead Water Technician, strives to continually improve through specific development plans
- Learns and practices company procedures for water remediation, mold and asbestos
- Learns and implements mitigation techniques
- Possess a good working knowledge of the capability and limitations of all equipment used in water damaged environments
- Performs contents handling procedures per company procedures
- Manages onsite emergency response activities, including pumping water, clearing carpet, removing drywall, mitigation, etc
- Carries out specialty cleaning and degreasing of wall and ceiling surfaces
- Sets up deodorization, negative air, ozone, thermo fogging and related equipment while on site
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the restoration/emergency industry, preferably working in the Emergency & Contents division
- Relevant cleaning experience may be considered
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Proficiency with biological technology
- Understanding of the basic principles of fire, smoke and mold work and ability to carry out assignments independently
- Able and willing to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
- Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity for National career movement
- Healthy work/life balance
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, FirstOnSite Restoration will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Interested candidates whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted for an interview. Candidates must be able to provide a clear criminal background check to be eligible for hire.