Golf - Outside Services
Position Summary: To engage all guests in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner, providing a world class experience for our guest. Big Cedar Golf Outside Service associates are the first impression of our golf operation and need to be detail oriented, engaging and have the ability to endure all weather conditions while carrying multiple golf bags. The responsibilities of a Big Cedar Golf Outside Service associate include staging and caring for the golf cars, starting golfers in a timely fashion, operate and pick the practice facility and to provide an overall world class golf experience at all times.
- Needs to provide exceptional service with focus on customer engagement. Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timelines is a must
- Greet each guest with a smile as you unload their clubs from their vehicle and load them on a golf car for their round of golf. Clean each golf car as it comes back from the golf course and re-fill all the golf car amenities.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization for all areas within the golf car barn and driving range area
- Must be proactive in anticipating the guest’s needs
- Perform all opening , mid-shift and closing procedures as defined by the supervisors, managers or VP of Golf
- Inventory stock levels of guest, range and golf car supplies to Outside Services Lead on a regular basis
- Think, work and make decisions to solve guest concerns based on sound judgment
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
- Enforce golf course and facilities rules and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially
- Exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public
- Consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations established in standard operation procedure manual for Big Cedar Golf and BCL/Bass Pro Shops
- Report and document all incidents of guest concerns and/or complaints to the Outside Services Lead or Head Golf Professional
- Report and document all accidents/injuries that occur during the execution of the Big Cedar Golf business or on Big Cedar Lodge property through proper channels
- Knowledge of Big Cedar Lodge and amenities as well as Big Cedar Golf operation practices and procedures or willingness to learn of all said above
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisors, managers or VP of Golf
- Ability to work any of the 7 days in a week, regardless of it being a weekday, weekend, or holiday.
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time, work safely, communicate effectively, understand and carry out written and oral directions, and establish good working relationships with co-workers
- Able to work in outside weather conditions
- Guest and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing guest and personal services. This includes guest’s needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of guest satisfaction.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.