The Transportation Department is seeking a PRN (as needed) Driver to work varying hours Monday-Friday. Professional candidate provides reliable and courteous transportation service to clients with safety a top priority; to act as a peer counselor; to provide a communication link between clients and staff; to operate and maintain assigned vehicle(s); and to maintain vehicle and customer records.
- Transport clients for Swope Health Services programs
- Complete daily pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Complete daily manifests as required
- Drive one of serveral different vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a dialy assigned time schedule
- Assist in boarding and deboarding of clients, including those who may require the use of the wheelchair lift to board the vehicle
- Complete and submit reports concerning client incidents, preventable and non-preventable accidents
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License (CDL) of the appropriate class (A, B or C), with all necessary endorsements and/or state certifications for state he/she resides in, and a valid Medical Examination Card.
- Must possess a driving record that meets company requirements
- Be familiar with and adhere to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations related to transportation.
- Possess a functional knowledge of the demographics of the service area
- Possess excellent customer service skills and be able to work well with clients, staff and administration
- Must have a neat appearance and sincere desire to work with the general public
- Must project a positive attitude and motivate peers
- Maintain a strong attendance record
- Ability to work under stress and meet strict timeliness
- Minimum of three-year experience transporting clients and driving large vehicles
- Actively participate in on-going safety and educational training as required