A&P Mechanic/Paint Shop Mechanic-MLI
General Summary: To inspect, remove, install, troubleshoot and repair airframe, engine and components in a safe, efficient and high quality manner in order to achieve total customer satisfaction as measured by three customer success drivers: the product was delivered “on-time, on budget and squawk free.” To ensure all parts removed from the aircraft are accounted for and stored properly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform airframe inspections in accordance with customer, FAA and company requirements.
- Remove and reinstall flight controls and miscellaneous parts as necessary.
- Communicate progress with Paint Mechanic Crew Chief and/or other crew chiefs on a regular basis.
- Insure all work performed is inspected by an authorized repair station inspector.
- Insure all paperwork is completed on a daily basis in a concise and legible manner.
- Communicate to the Crew Chief any problems/repairs that cannot be completed within a reasonable period of time or where a problem is unresolved.
- Report any discrepancies noted to the Crew Chief as relates to company tooling/equipment.
- Responsible for locating inventory, and properly dispensing all incoming items by following established guidelines. Inventory parts as they are removed from the aircraft.
- Support Paint Department Technicians by ordering parts as needed, expediting orders, receiving parts, returning material, and dispensing parts.
- Learn, understand and follow the company work order and parts requisition process as written.
- Maintain a clean neat and efficient work area.
- Repair and calibrate shop equipment as assigned.
- Assist other departments as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specific Requirements:
· Airframe License (Preferred Minimum)
· In-depth knowledge of aircraft operating systems
· Knowledge of and experience with computers
· Must be familiar with Federal Aviation Regulations
· Must provide own tools
· Regularly required to:
o Stand walk
o Talk and hear
o Reach with hands or arms, grasp or pull
o Lift objects up to 10 lbs.
o Ability to wear PPE.
· Occasionally required to:
o Sit, climb or balance, kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl
o Lift up to 50 lbs.
· Limited Exposure to:
o Outside weather conditions
o Toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, loud noises and high or precarious places
· Occasional overnight travel.
· Language Skill Abilities
o Ability to read, write and speak English
o Ability to analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
o Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
o Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a strong mechanical background
- Knowledge of and experience with computers