Radio Technician - FCC GROL, CET or GCT
Seeking a qualified and experienced Two-Way Radio Technician to install, repair, align and maintain two-way radio communication systems in Benicia, CA.
Under the general supervision of the Service Manager the Journeyman Radio Technician performs system design, troubleshoots, programs, and installs radio equipment and systems.
This position is also responsible for optimizing, maintaining, and repairing 2-way and wireless communications systems including complex radio systems and 911 communications centers for customers.
- Install and provide technical support for VHF/UHF and 800/900 MHz analog and digital systems, mobile and portable subscriber equipment, simulcast, conventional, trunked radio systems, dispatch consoles, paging infrastructure, and microwave systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, discuss, and resolve wireless communication equipment questions
- Diagnose and repair public address systems and BDA systems.
- Work with customer to determine deadlines, urgency, timeline, and schedule for completing repairs.
Experience and Certifications:
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in the radio and communication area, extensive knowledge/understanding of two-way radio theory and communications systems.
- Experience with Motorola ASTRO or P25 is highly desirable
- The ability to program, troubleshoot and perform system diagnostics on complex radio systems.
- Experience in diagnostics, repair, maintenance, program wireless communication equipment such as 2-way radios, transmitters, receivers, antennas for customers.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License, FCIA, NABER or equivalent industry certification a plus!
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West and the largest Motorola dealer in the United States. At Day Wireless Systems, we offer the wireless solutions companies need to get ahead….and stay that way! This can range from complex Motorola radio systems to broadband wireless networks to affordable radio rentals for short term events. We can customize the solutions our customer need, and have relied upon, to stay connected in real time and when it matters most.
Founded in 1969, today we have 26 locations and 300+ employees in California, Oregon, and Washington. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions and looks to promote from within.
The team at Day Wireless enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical (employer paid for employee)
- Company-Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability Insurance for employees after 5 years
- Educational Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Short Term Disability, Accident, and Cancer Insurance
- Potential for yearly bonus (based on company profitability)
- 10 paid vacation days the first year with it increasing in increments at major milestones
- 8 paid holidays with 1 floating holiday
- Company discounts (Costco, Credit Union, Verizon)
- Growth opportunity through defined career paths
- Contests/activities/accolades/rewards through Employee Appreciation Program
- PLUS, the great combination of a large family owned business that offers financial stability and job security with a small company atmosphere