Journeyman Radio Tech- Benicia
Summary: Under general supervision of the service manager to perform system design, troubleshooting, programming, and installations. Optimizes, maintains, and repairs 2-way and wireless communications systems including complex radio systems and 911 communications centers for customers.
Essential Functions: Tasks that must be performed by the person in this job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be requested to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, discuss, and resolve wireless communication equipment questions and problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner in person on customer’s site, by phone, e-mail, and at Day Wireless Systems’ shop location.
- Perform required diagnostic and analytical tests to diagnose and repair wireless communication equipment such as dispatch consoles, paging infrastructure, and trunked radio systems, and mobile installations.
- Work with customer to determine deadlines, urgency, timeline, and schedule of completing repairs, maintenance, and programming with customers, vendors, and shop management to ensure resolution of problem meets customer’s needs.
- Perform wireless communications system programming, per industry practices and vendor criteria.
- Performs the installation of radio and wireless mobile and base communications systems per industry practices and vendor criteria.
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West and the largest Motorola dealer in the United States. At Day Wireless Systems, we offer the wireless solutions companies need to get ahead….and stay that way! This can range from complex Motorola radio systems to broadband wireless networks to affordable radio rentals for short term events. We can customize the solutions our customer need, and have relied upon, to stay connected in real time and what it matters most.
Founded in 1969, today we have 26 locations and 300+ employees in California, Oregon, and Washington. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions and looks to promote from within.
The team at Day Wireless enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
• Medical (employer paid for employee)
• Company-Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability Insurance for employees after 5 years
• Educational Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Voluntary Short Term Disability, Accident, and Cancer Insurance
• Potential for yearly bonus (based on company profitability)
• 14 paid vacation days the first year with it increasing in increments at major milestones
• 40 hours of sick time
• 8 paid holidays with 1 floating holiday
• Company discounts (Costco, Credit Union, Verizon)
• Growth opportunity through defined career paths
• Contests/activities/accolades/rewards through Employee Appreciation Program
• PLUS, the great combination of a large family owned business that offers financial stability and job security with a small company atmosphere
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."