Maintenance Millwright Apprentice 3Rd Year_Delta , BC
The Original Cakerie is Canada’s leading and largest privately owned frozen dessert manufacturer. We are a growing company with over 750 employees. Along with continued expansion and product line growth, the most important ingredient in our continued success has been our people.
We are looking to hire three full time Maintenance Millwright Apprentice 3rd Year,who has or working toward their 4th Class Power Engineer's ticket.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide Mechanical expertise and support TOC in mechanical installation and maintenance of plant equipment and production assets .
- Troubleshoot Mechanical failure, identifying the root cause
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and work order tasks as requested by Maintenance Supervisor/Manager,
- Be observant and take initiative when a fault is detected
- Liaise with other departments within facility, ensuring effective communication
- Work effectively in a processing environment without jeopardizing food safety
- Complete maintenance reports and logs as required to support effective maintenance planning
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area and in the maintenance shop
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace through adherence to all relevant policies and procedures
- Work within a team to provide support for the production line to troubleshoot and repair breakdowns
- Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration activities, and keep updated records
- Follow acts, regulations, and codes related to facilities, equipment, environment protection, and Health and Safety at all times
- Coordinate with Maintenance Contractors.
- To be able to obtain Inter provincial Red Seal Industrial Millwright license within one year of employment.
- To be able to obtain a valid 4th Class Power Engineer ticket within one year after completing the above Inter provincial Red Seal Industrial Millwright license
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical plant is a definite advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work quickly, under pressure, and have a sense of urgency
- Have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal direction
- Have strong organizational skills, detailed-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize
- Be able to work flexible shifts, including overnight shift
Rate of Pay
- Millwright Apprentice 3rd Year : $31/hr (80%) up-to $38.76/hr (100%)
- Power Engineer Ticket additional $ 2/Hr
This is a full time permanent position with benefits. If you are looking for a challenging position then please send us your resume and cover letter. Please apply directly on our website.
We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie. Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.