Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Mechanical Design Engineer at RBC Medical Innovations you will design a wide variety of new and innovative medical devices. Products developed at RBC range from simple to complex and include mechanisms, motion control, thermal design, enclosure design, acoustics, pneumatics and fluid handling. RBC mechanical engineers work with a closely-integrated team of innovative colleagues, each with their own expertise, including electrical engineers, systems engineers, embedded software engineers and project managers. You will work closely with clients and development team members in a rapid development environment to produce industry-leading products that impact lives every day.
- Design, develop, and evaluate of mechanical systems and components
- Develop detailed solid models and drawings using PRO/Engineer and SolidWorks
- Propose design ideas for the introduction of new measurement technologies, devices and process technologies.
- Conceive mechanically-oriented design solutions that also involve electro-mechanical, electronic, optical and computer-controlled capabilities.
- Work with product teams and customers to refine designs for specific applications.
- Develop concepts into manufacturable designs.
- Apply theoretical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering principals using structural analysis, calculations and tools.
- Ensure designs meet and exceed product specifications and regulatory requirements
- Document the new product development process; e.g., create specifications, define testing protocols, prepare comprehensive performance reports, and comply with medical product requirements.
- Build mock ups and proof of concept models (we are very hands-on with our work)
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in mechanical design
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical aptitude, sound technical judgment and use structured decision-making techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical engineering support and influence the work of others in a collaborative, team-oriented project environment.
- Knowledge of high volume and prototype materials, processes, and other manufacturing techniques is required.
- Mechanism design experience
- Demonstrated experience with injection-molded plastic part design
- Experience in machined part design and folded sheet metal design
- Experience with thermodynamics and fluid dynamics a plus.
- Experience in Medical Device a big plus!
RBC Medical Innovations is a cutting-edge medical device design firm located in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We partner with OEM companies world-wide to design and manufacture life-saving medical devices to be sold into the healthcare marketplace. The class I, II and III products we develop are broad in range and include cardiac pumps, in-vitro diagnostic automation, ocular equipment for retinal surgery, RF energy for pain management, and cancer therapy. What is most rewarding about working for RBC is that the extraordinary people we hire are passionate about creating solutions that help save and improve the quality of life. RBC Medical Innovations: small-company culture with a commitment to excellence!
At RBC we pride ourselves in our results-oriented culture and highly-qualified team of employees and we offer a competitive salary and rich benefits package,including:
- Challenging, creative work environment
- World-class team of engineers and designers
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive benefits package
RBC Medical Innovations values a diverse team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorized for full-time employment in the United States. For more information, visit www.rbccorp.com.
No Agencies, please