Star Bank is hiring an experienced Ag Lender/Branch Manager to be based in Barrett, MN (Grant County). Five or more years experience in banking along with several years experience as an Ag lender or credit analyst is required. Internships are not accepted.
This individual will be responsible for expanding existing client relationships and generating new business in Grant County. The Ag Lender/Branch Manager will seek out opportunities to provide financial solutions and act as a resource to existing and prospective clients.
- Gather and analyze credit and financial information on existing and potential clients.
- Make credit underwriting decisions or recommendations.
- Maintain individual portfolio.
- Review collateral valuations and underwriting results and assure loans comply with bank policy.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of bank products.
- Offer loan solutions to clients, including but not limited to Ag operating loans/lines, equipment loans, Ag real estate loans, SBA and FSA loans, leases, and other funding.
- Identify credit risk and make recommendations for additional monitoring or collection.
- Active community involvement and community activism is required.
- Manage the profitability of the branch and lead the employees to achieve their greatest potential.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a four year college or university.
- Previous experience of 5+ years in lending or analysis
- A working knowledge of loan products and the Ag industry overall
- Strong sales and customer service /relationship building skills
- Finpack experience is a plus. It must be learned it the candidate has not already used it.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Star Bank is an EO/AA employer. Our positions are available without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST UPLOAD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO APPLY. MUST BE IN WORD, PDF, OR JPG FORMAT ONLY.